IntroductionWe have endeavoured to improve the accessibility of the site and facilities to meet the full range of our visitor's needs so that everyone can truly enjoy their stay with us at Penhale Caravan and Camping Park
However, this access scheme is a continually evolving project, in which all Penhale staff and management enthusiastically contribute, providing both assistance and further suggestions to improve the services that we offer.
A comprehensive list of our facilities and service provisions can be found below:
- Public Areas
- Static Caravans
- Grounds and Gardens
- Additional Information
- Future Work
- Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A copy of this access statement is available in large print and via post or email upon request.
- Our staff are always happy to discuss our facilities and your concerns even before a booking is made, please do not hesitate to ask.
- The approach to Reception is level and there is a small raised threshold at the door that leads directly into reception which is level throughout and entirely accessible to wheelchairs, although is quite compact.
- It is possible to park your vehicle next to your accommodation whether you are staying on the campsite or in one of our static caravans.
- The opening hours are 8am – 10pm peak season and 8am – 8pm in the shoulder season.
- There is a strict 5 mph speed limit throughout the park to ensure the safety of our guests.
- The site is on a gentle slope and all of our facilities within the main public areas do have at least one step. There is level access to reception and a small raised threshold. All caravans have hand railings and steps.
- The public areas are well illuminated at night.
- The main road (only) through the site is surfaced with tarmac and there paved paths to each caravan.
- There is a minor road between our private car park and main caravan park.
- There is level access to the Laundrette, the Laundry room has a single width door with a one step entrance.
- For wheelchair bound guests holidaying alone we can offer a service wash.
- All washers and dryers are front loading and coin operated.
- The majority of our static caravans having two to four steps to the entry door are not wheelchair accessible .
- Our vans are not designed to accommodate persons who require hoists or those persons that cannot be lifted from a wheelchair to the bedroom areas.
- All vans have showers and not baths.
- All vans are heated and level inside with no steps, some with narrow corridors.
- All vans are fitted with smoke detectors and a fire blanket/extinguisher.
- Teletext and subtitles are available on most TVs, and remote controls are provided.
- The park extends over a fairly small area which is gently sloping.
- The static caravans are serviced by a circular tarmac road allowing access to all caravans. The touring park is serviced by a tarmac road running along the top of the site.
- The facilities are well lit.
- The site is well sign posted throughout, with both word and symbols to improve readability.
- A public telephone is provided, and there is generally good mobile phone coverage throughout the site.
- Full lists of local care, medical and service providers and hire companies contact details are available either in Reception or beside the public telephone.
- Phone numbers for taxi firms with wheelchair accessible vehicles are available in Reception.
- There is a bus service which runs between Fowey and Mevagissey, which you can catch from the Four Turnings stop (700 yards from our caravan site).
- We are looking into ways of increasing the range of disabled and family facilities throughout the park.
- Guest feedback and suggestions are always warmly received.
- Mailing Address ...
Penhale Caravan and Camping Park
- Reception Telephone ... 01726 833425
- Email Address ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you provide a large print brochure?
- Can you provide me with assistance to settle in?
- Is there a 24 hour service?
- What is the Public Transport Provision?
- Can delivery of provisions be arranged?
- Where is the nearest hospital/doctors?
What is the Public Transport Provision?
There is a regular bus service from Fowey to Mevagissey via St Austell town centre, where connecting services to other towns and tourist attractions are available. This service runs every hour from April to October. Local taxi firms collect guests from the site. Please enquire at Reception for the phone number of our recommended taxi service.
Both Fowey Hospital and the nearest doctors are within 2 miles from Penhale Caravan and Camping Park. Directions and contact details can be obtained from Reception.
We have tried to be as accurate and as thorough as possible when describing our site and facilities in this access statement; however if it does not answer your particular question or if you require any further information regarding our site and facilities please do not hesitate to contact us. For specific requirements on accessibility please email email@example.com