Touring - Conditions of Booking
Penhale Touring Park is a family park catering for touring caravans/trailer tents/tents/motor caravans. Our guests' enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Access statement and policy
We seek to provide the very best service to all our guests and have a specially prepared access statement available which describes the facilities we have to offer on the park. This includes a copy of our Terms and Conditions and a Booking Form, both in large print. If you would like a copy, or wish to discuss any other special needs, please make our booking staff aware.
We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
Bookings can be made in the following ways:
- Use the attached Booking Form and pay by cheque or postal order (cheques payable to Penhale Touring Park)
- By telephone on01726833425 using a credit/debit card
- Online at http://www.penhale-fowey.co.uk/Camping/Booking/
The person who signs the Booking Form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form.
This contract is with Penhale Touring Park, Fowey, Cornwall, Pl23 1JU. A contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation form and you should please check this carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy within 7 days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24hours. The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
The Price of the Holiday.
Once you have made your booking and paid a deposit of twenty five pounds, the price of the holiday will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid on arrival. If the balance is not paid in time then we are entitled to cancel the holiday and retain your deposit.
Cancellation of the Holiday by you
You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us. However cancellation charges are payable as follows:
More than 100 days: Deposit only. 50 to 99 days: 30% of total holiday cost. 15 to19 days: 50% of total holiday cost. 14 days and under: 70% holiday cost.
Change or cancellation of the Holiday by us
If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before the holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid Except where the cancellation or change arises from an unforeseeable or unusual occurrence outside our control as described in the next section we will pay compensation (per adult person) as follows:
More than 100 days: nil. 50 to 99 days: ten pounds. 15 to 49 days: twenty pounds. Under 15 days: 40 pounds
Unforeseeable or unusual occurrances beyond our control include but are not limited to war, threat of war, riot, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster and fire.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
- You further agree that you will not commit any criminal offence at the Park or undertake any criminal activity
- commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park
- use any unlawful drugs
- create any undue noise or disturbance
- carry on any trade or business while on the Park.
Quiet hours are from11.00pm until 7.00am.
Health and Safety
- We take the well being and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
- The speed limit on the park is 5 mph.
- All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance. The provisions of the Highway Code apply to the roads on the park.
- Guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park.
- No recreational vehicles can be used on the park. This includes motorised scooters.
- No mechanical or repair work is to be undertaken on the park.
- Only two cars can be parked next to the pitch. All other vehicles including trailers and boats must be parked in the main parking area.
- In the unlikely event of a natural disaster or emergency requiring implementation of the park's Emergency Action Plan you will be notified by a member of Staff
- Please make yourself aware of the nearest fire point.
Our full Health and Safety Policy and Emergency Action Plan are available for inspection in Reception.
Dogs and other pets
If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
- Keep the dog on a short lead on the park at all times
- Use the designated exercise area
- Clean up after your dog
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time
We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
Fires are allowed only if they are raised off the ground in braziers.
The use of generators is not permitted.
Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited. This includes tying ropes to, or driving nails into, trees.
Please note that should you wish to extend your stay beyond the booked dates there is no guarantee that the same pitch will be available.
It is regretted that no refunds can be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday, unless they do so as the result of the breach of some obligation on our part which would justify cancelling the holiday.
The prices listed include VAT.
The information supplied on the Booking Form will be stored on computer for administrative purposes. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party. We may from time to time wish to send you news of special offers on our park. If you do not wish to receive any communication from us please annotate the appropriate box on the booking form. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984 the signing of the Declaration on the Booking Form signifies your assent to these terms.
The size of your unit, including any tents and gazebos, must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure that the allocated pitch is large enough. Should you subsequently alter your requirements we cannot guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch.
Please advise us if you are likely to arrive later than 6.00pm. If we have not heard from you within 48 hours of your expected arrival we reserve the right tore-let your pitch.
All pitches must be vacated by 11am on the day of your departure otherwise an additional night's pitch fee will be charged. You are requested not to arrive before 12pm. Latest arrival time is 8pm.
Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt whether you are on the right pitch please check with a member of staff. Any guest on the wrong pitch may be required to move.
If you have a complaint about anything during your holiday please raise it with a member of our staff immediately and if you wish to pursue it following your departure please write to us within 28 days of your departure.However we do suggest that you try and complete a report about the complaint while you are on holiday.